Parenting is no smooth carousel ride.
As the parent or guardian of an LGBTQ+ person, you may be overwhelmed with feelings of…
- Denial/ disbelief
- What will our friends, family, colleagues, or neighbours think?
- Did I do something wrong?
- Does this mean I won’t have grandchildren?
- What does this mean for my child’s future?
- Who can I talk to about the things I’m feeling and the questions I have?
- Is this just a phase?
- Is being LGBTQ+ a choice?
- How can I protect my child?
- Will our relationship ever go back to normal?
- Maybe they’ll change their mind?
- How did we get to this point?
And the most important question of all…
How do I talk with my child about them being LGBTQ+?
The good news is, you don’t have to do this alone.
“I needed to talk to someone outside my circle. In one hour with Tracy we were able to identify a few areas that I could focus my attention and work towards a more positive relationship with my child, not to mention my inner dialogue. I am grateful for the time I had with Tracy to give me the assurance and focus to keep feeling and expressing myself authentically.” (K.B)
Whether your child has just shared with you who they are, or it’s been weeks/months/years and your relationship is suffering…
If you’re struggling with the knowledge that your child is lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender or gender diverse (LGBTQ+)…
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, lost, and uncertain about what having an LGBTQ+ child means for you, your child, and your family…
If your head is spinning with a variety of thoughts and questions, challenging long held personal values and beliefs…
You aren’t alone.
Together, we can take away the overwhelm, ditch the fears and worries, improve your understanding, increase your confidence and reconnect you to your child.
“Thank you for your time today Tracy! At first I was nervous about our session, unsure of what to expect. After only a few minutes, I was happy we were able to connect. The session was not only encouraging but exactly what I needed. As a mom of a LGBQT+ member this is all new and uncharted territory for me. I really needed to talk to someone with your experience and knowledge to encourage me as we embark on this journey. I really appreciate it.” (L.L)
The Reconnecting Families Program includes:
- A trash can to dump the overwhelm
- A clear understanding of why you’re feeling the way you are
- Insight into your child’s experience
- Effective communication strategies
- Increased confidence and understanding around language and terminology to use. (Aka. No more walking on eggshells.)
- A beautiful connection with your child
- Saying goodbye to sleepless nights of worry and concern.
- A more peaceful and calm household
- The confidence and ability to authentically, effectively, and appropriately communicate with friends, family, neighbours, and colleagues about your child.
While this can be a difficult and confusing time for your child, it can also be an overwhelming time for you as their parent or guardian.
These struggles can impact your communication with each other, resulting in a breakdown in your relationship.
A message from a young gender diverse adult to their parent
“I am really thankful for the work that you and dad have done over the last few months to understand and accept me, and the fact that we can keep having a relationship. I love you too!”
This could be your child, in the near future.
Looking for Something Smaller?
I also offer the WYCCO (When Your Child Comes Out) Program, which includes:
- Accurate information around sexuality and gender identity
- Answers to commonly asked questions
- The truth about myths that saturate our society
- Skills and confidence to communicate with your LGBTQ+ child
- Peace of mind
When you purchase the WYCCO Program, I’ll include a complimentary copy of my ‘Do’s & Don’ts Guide’.
Snag My FREE GUIDE
5 ways to reconnect with your LGBT+ child
Subscribe below to receive your FREE guide: